Sense & Theory take an in depth look at government shutdowns. How do they work? Why do they happen? Are they a useful tool or do they cause more harm than they’re worth? The fellas try to answer all these questions and more by looking at the longest shutdown in U.S. history.
Like the show? Then please consider visiting our Patreon to show your support!
Intro|Outro Music: Chris Farley’s Ghost by Ghost Features
- Government Shutdowns (wiki)
- 2018-19 shutdown (wiki)
- FAQ on Shutdown
- Breakdown of Effects by Agency Dec. 22
- Shutdown Effects Dec. 31st
- What Is and Isn’t Affected January 10th
- Update on Shutdown Effects Jan. 19th
- Who are “Essential Employees”?
- Federal Employees Will Get Backpay
- Backpay Not Guaranteed Contractors Yet
- OPM forgiveness form letter tweet
- Coast Guard Advises Yard Sales
- Banks And Credit Unions Help Federal Workers
- What Ended The Shutdown
- Economic Cost of Shutdown